Staff from both Moreton School and Aldersley High School came together to share ideas, resources and approaches in a friendly atmosphere, and were able to discuss the impact of new strategies. The teachmeet was held at Rodbaston Hall in Staffordshire and the event was attended by suppliers who were keen to show off the latest innovations in their areas all designed to aid and support teaching.
Staff from both schools demonstrated some of the techniques they have been working on throughout the year, the subject matter covered all areas of teaching and learing but some of the highlights were question walls, the use of QR codes in Sport, stretching numeracy across the whole school all the way across to creating stimulating learning environments.
Testimonials from the first Teach Meet event:
- “I thought the event was incredibly successful: thank you for organising it all. I left with lots of fantastic ideas and feel suitably inspired by so many passionate members of staff discussing teaching and learning.”
- “The Amethyst Academies Teach Meet was one of the best CPD activities I’ve ever been part of. All teachers: set up one for your school!”
- “Everyone learnt so much this evening! Great ideas flying around!”
- “So good to see so many enthusiastic teachers willing to share their ideas for the benefit of all, thank you.”
- “What a fantastic atmosphere, it’s really got me excited about trying some of the strategies out.”