Who we are:
The Members of the Trust established the multi-academy trust. They form the highest level of governance, acting as the ‘guardians’ of the Trust and having an overview of its governance arrangements.
The Board of Trustees of are the legal governors and trustees of the Trust and the directors of the company.
The Trust Senior Leadership team delivers the strategy of the Board of Trustees and provides leadership and shared support to the schools in the Trust, under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, Nicola Davis
Teachers, support staff, trustees, governors, parents and pupils all make up the Amethyst Academies Trust, which is predicated on collaboration and sharing the very best practice across the organisation. The Shared Services, provides support, advice and challenge to staff across our schools.
Amethyst Academies Trust aim is to develop clusters of primary, special and secondary schools that benefit from mutual support, collaboration and the efficiencies and security of being part of a single, strategically aligned organisation.
The Board of Trustees only takes decisions to partner with schools where they fit with, or can be developed to fit with, the culture and ethos and where there is benefit to the Trust as a whole. The definition of ‘Trust’ is everyone in the organisation: our pupils, teachers, support staff, governors and the shared services. All our schools and shared services are part of the fabric that makes the Trust what it is, and as schools join our organisation evolves.
At the Amethyst Academies Trust, we cherish the differences between each of our schools and want all of them to continue their improvement journey. We promote local representation and accountability, believing headteachers and governing bodies are best placed to run our schools.
To achieve the Trust’s improvement and growth strategy, capacity is developed ahead of taking on schools, so the Trust is able to provide support at the earliest opportunity. This means the Trust is well placed to provide the right support to ensure rapid and sustained improvement.
We aim to provide:
- Simplicity and clarity in all we do – in particular around teaching and learning, enabling teachers to focus on supporting young peoples’ learning so that they achieve brilliant outcomes.
- More efficient and effective use of resources to ensure young people have opportunities to learn in an environment that is fit for purpose now and in the future.
- A wide range of first class destinations for young people, including further education, higher education, apprenticeships and university.
- We thrive from collaboration at every level. We encourage a culture of sharing ideas and learning from one another. As a Trust of schools we are always learning from each other.
We recognise the power in individuals and organisations working together in collaboration to foster mutual support and progress. We promote local representation and accountability, believing headteachers and their teamare best placed to run our schools.
Our definition of our ‘Trust’ is everyone in the organisation: our pupils, teachers, support staff, governors and the shared services. The Trust is not a separate entity that rules hierarchically from the peripheries. All our schools and shared services are part of the fabric that makes the Trust what it is.
We are inclusive and committed to equal opportunity for all. We believe there is no ceiling on what people can achieve, regardless of circumstance or background. We facilitate learning for all and enabling everyone in our organisation to fulfil their potential.
- We are ambitious for our schools and their students.
We believe that there is no ceiling on what can be achieved by anyone, regardless of their circumstances or background.
- We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment, giving every young person the opportunity to fulfil their potential now, and in the future.
- We seek to realise the power of individuals and organisations working together in collaboration whilst retaining their individuality, and we recognise that we can always improve.
With an inspiring curriculum we ensure that all students make good progress year on year and regardless of their starting point they receive and excellent education.
Leaders with Vision
Our leadership team focus on providing an outstanding education for students across our schools from entry at Year 7 right through our Amethyst Sixth Form.
Head of School
Headteacher of Moreton School
Take a tour of our journey as we grow and flourish.